Top tips when you are buying for this plan
- Bulk buy shelf-stable ingredients like grains, tinned beans, nut butters, nuts etc. and use for the month and onwards.
- Buy fruits and vegetables that are available and only buy the amount you think you will finish in the week. Rather buy 2 – 3 different fruits for the week than buying too many and not finishing them.
- For week 2 and 3, check what you already bought in the first week that flows into the next week and that you do not have to buy again.
- Have frozen fruits and vegetables available.
- Store bread, wraps, pitas and cooked grains in the freezer so that you do not need to buy and cook them every week.