- ⅓ cup chopped nuts (we used walnuts or pecan nuts)
- 500g vegetables of your choice, we used broccoli (broken into bite-sized florets)
- Cauliflower, carrots, green beans, etc also work well
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small-to-medium clove garlic
- Several twists of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Lemon zest from about ½ lemon, for garnish
- To the large pan (or pot if you prefer), add the water and wait for it to boil. Immediately add the vegetables of choice, water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies are nearly tender but still crisp (about 7 to 10 minutes). Drain the veggies and add to the serving dish.
- In the meantime, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside until the veggies are done cooking, whisk the vinaigrette once more, then pour over the veggies.
- Add the toasted nuts and about half of the feta, reserving the other half for garnish. Toss to combine, then taste and add more lemon juice or black pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle the remaining feta on top. Lightly grate some lemon zest on top, and serve promptly.