Ready in 55 minutes: Prep time – 30 minutes, cooking time – 25 minutes
Roughly 450 calories per serving
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 120 grams crumbled feta cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil in a skillet; reduce heat to a simmer and cover the pan. Simmer until the broth is absorbed, the quinoa is fluffy, and the white line is visible in the grain, which takes about 12 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet; cook and stir the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes until onion is translucent. Stir in the chicken breast strips and cook for about 5 more minutes until the chicken is still slightly pink in the middle. Remove the chicken meat and set aside. Pour 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet and cook and stir the zucchini and tomato until the zucchini is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and sprinkle with feta cheese, basil leaves, and lime juice. Cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and hot. Serve over hot quinoa.